Zen Yoga – 200hr Teacher Training
Zen Yoga’s 200hr Teacher Training Program fully immerses students in a modern approach to traditional yoga and is one of the only programs offering full 200 hours face-to-face contact with course facilitators.
Suitable for everybody! Whether you want to learn more about the practise of Yoga for yourself, or you intend to give this incredible gift to others.
Through this program you will be introduced to the history, philosophy and physiology of traditional Yoga and develop an in depth understanding of sequencing, postures, alignment & anatomy. Students will acquire a comprehensive set of tools allowing each individual to flourish, as both an informed practitioner, and knowledgeable teacher of Yoga. Our program has been designed to take students on a journey of self-discovery; an experience of intense personal development, empowering you to live more fully, on and off the mat.
The program consists of 3 weekend based modules and a week long “live in” retreat immersion.
Sat 18th & Sun 19th March
Sat 25th & Sun 26th March
Sat 22nd & Sun 23rd April
Sat 29th & Sun 30th April
Sat 27th & Sun 28th May
Sat 3rd & Sun 4th June
Sat 8th to Fri 14th July
What will be covered during the training?
Anatomy and Physiology
- Fascia and Myofascial Planes- what it is, what it does, and why we want to know
- Nervous System – how does the practise effect our nervous system
- Biomechanics – how and why our bodies work the way they do
- Skeletal Systems – how our proportions, physical history, body composition effect us
- Function vs Form – how do we know the difference
- Anatomy of the body – the major joints, bone structures and muscles we are interested in
- Hands on – a visceral response, to feel tension or compression, contraction or relaxation, tactile feedback
- Why – the most important question of them all, why… for all of it! Why!
Yogic Philosophy and Physiology
- Traditional Philosophy – The Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Bhagavad Gita
- Modern Psychology – how it ties to the practise of yoga and traditional philosophies
- Prana, Nadis, Chakras – how they relate to each other, and to the practise of yoga
- Pranayama and Meditation – how and why this is a key part of the practise
Theory and Practise of Yoga
- What is Yoga – where does it come from, how does it work
- How do you “Yoga”! – the theory and mechanics behind why it works
- Categories of Poses – rather than giving a set of poses, categories based on what they do
- Modifications? – What to modify and why, how to use props to create support or deepen a pose
- Teaching Methodology – different effective methods of sequencing, themeing and delivering a class
Practise Lab Experience
- Led practise – exploration of the concepts we have been exploring
- Explore the Pose – in depth exploration of categories of pose
- Sequence exploration – the experience of different types of sequence, how they feel and what impact they have
- Movement analysis and tests – recognise differences in structure and how they will effect the practise
- Experience – get some practise in how to guide someone through a class
Your Investment: $4500
The course fee includes a training manual, all lectures and classes as programmed, as well as accommodation and meals for the duration of the retreat.
Deposit of 20% required upon booking ($900), full payment required by 01 July 17. Payment Plans available upon request.
To make a booking or for more details, please email email@example.com
There is no better time than the present, so what are you waiting for?!
Take your first step on this amazing journey TODAY
Bryce has been practising and teaching Yoga since 2009, and has over 1,000 hours of Yoga specific training completed, with nearly half again of training that is related to the practise and teaching of Yoga. Since beginning teaching Yoga over 10,000 hours of teaching has been completed, between regular classes, workshops and teacher trainings.
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500
- Power Living 500hr Teacher Training
- H&H Diploma in Yoga Teaching
- Other Formal Yoga Training – Nikki Knoff, Zenergy Kids Yoga, Baptiste Vinyasa Yoga Institute
- Anatomy, physiology and movement training – Duncan Peak, Leslie Kaminoff, Simon Borg Olivier, Ray Long, Kit Laughlin, Ido Portal
- Yin Specific – Formal Yin training with Duncan Peak, Joe Barnett, Zac Mathieson
- Equivalent of Yoga Australia Senior Teacher (Level 3) – not a member, qualified without the certification
- 40 years of life experience… (experience usually being the result of making the wrong choices….)
Q: Does this 200hr course enable me to facilitate a yoga class and be insured etc?
A: Completion of this course will qualify you to teach Yoga. You will receive a Yoga Teacher Training certificate, as well as a letter of completion detailing what subjects have been covered.
These can be used for registering with Yoga Alliance or Yoga Australia, so that you can get public liability insurance.
Q: Where will the retreat be held?
A: Gymea! It is 150km from Brisbane, a little over 2 hours drive in normal traffic. You will be responsible for getting yourself there, and home again, but once you are there, we have everything covered! Catering is being done by the incredible Veet from Veet’s Cuisine!
Q: What “out of hours” time requirements will there be?
A: Very little! There will be some out of hours reading required, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra’s and Bhagavad Gita with an ungraded report on your thoughts, and discussions during the training. There will also be a few weekend sessions between modules (Saturdays – 10:30 to 12ish), completely voluntary though, just if you have questions, want to practise something etc
Q: Will there be tests?
A. There will be some written tests during the course, and a practical exam. There will be plenty of coaching, and a chance to re-do anything that goes catastrophically wrong.